A Quick Review of AASSA’s Services
AASSA offers a wide variety of services to member schools. Please visit our website (www.aassa.com) and know that we offer:
- Purchasing and shipping of any and all materials for member schools
- Discounts with vendors based on large-volume purchasing
- Generally tax-free purchases
- One month free warehousing at Ideal Cargo
- No “in-and-out” charges if shipped by Ideal Cargo
- A U.S.-based payroll service for schools wanting to pay full or partial US $ salaries
- Four main professional development conferences per year including: Business Managers’ Conference, Board Governance Conference, co-organizers of the Latin American Administrators’ Conference, and the annual AASSA Educators’ Conference
- Student Conference: The GIN (Global Initiatives Network) Conference for students in Grades 7-12
- The AASSA Recruiting Fair in early December in Atlanta for member schools
- A partnership with Knowledge Delivery Systems and JK Global which provides two useful services for our membership.
- Individual teachers may take online courses which are organized so that they meet the specific ongoing certification requirements of each State or work toward graduate degrees.
- Online professional development courses to assist schools by providing individual or bulk online courses for staff. As you will see on our website, AASSA members that purchase 20+ courses will receive a 5% discount.
- Ability to publish on iTunesU
- Discounts with a wide range of providers including: ASCD, K12, and Walden University
- Biennial Regional Salary & Benefits Surveys
- The Aprenda Test of Spanish Proficiency
- Grant administration
- Educational Research: Please visit our projects at:http://www.aassa.com/page.cfm?p=356
- Newsletter three times a year (August, January and May) and the AASSA blog